Links for further information:
- Cincinnati Fitness & Boxing – One of the premier training facilities in the Cincinnati area, this is the gym where the CHB and UC Boxing Club Teams train.
- USA Boxing – USA Boxing is the governing body for amateur boxing in the U.S. In order to compete in USA Boxing sanctioned boxing shows and tournaments, boxers must be registered as an athlete with USA Boxing and have a valid passbook, which must be renewed annually. For information about registering with USA Boxing, see the “Membership” tab on their site.
- National Collegiate Boxing Association (NCBA) – The NCBA is one of two governing bodies for collegiate boxing. It was formed in 1976 and is a group member of USA Boxing. Currently the NCBA has over 35 colleges and universities participating in collegiate boxing nationwide. Collegiate Boxers who want to compete in NCBA events must be part of an officially recognized University Boxing Club and registered with the NCBA. The NCBA consists of three Regions (East, Midwest and West) that each host a Regional Championship Tournament in March in which boxers can qualify for the National Tournament in April. The University of Cincinnati is part of the NCBA Midwest Region.
- United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association (USIBA) – The USIBA is the second gverning body for collegiate boxing. USIBA was formed in 2012 and has a slightly different set of rules, eligibility requirements and weight classes as the NCBA. USIBA hosts a National Tournament each Spring open to any collegiate boxer.
- You can get more information about the Cincinnati High School Boxing Team and University of Cincinnati Boxing Clubs on our Social Media by visiting our Facebook, YouTube and Instagram sites and by joining the Facebook group “UC Boxing Club”.